It’s time to check out the preferred lenses, primarily based on the shopping for habits of Digital Pictures College readers during the last three months.
These lists come from Amazon* information and reveal the lenses most continuously bought by you, our fantastic dPS household.
For a few years, the lists have been dominated by Canon and Nikon lenses, however in current occasions, we’ve seen Sony change into increasingly more widespread. In actual fact, on this final quarter, Sony had 14 lenses make the listing – just one fewer than Nikon.
In consequence, for the primary time, we’ve added a class of Sony lenses as a substitute of lumping the Sony gadgets into the “Different Lens” class.
Word: Our lists embrace lenses for DSLRs and for Canon, Nikon, and Sony mirrorless cameras.
The most well-liked Canon lenses
As talked about above, this listing options a mixture of each DSLR (EF-mount) lenses and mirrorless (RF-mount) lenses. It’s been fascinating to see the rise of RF lenses on this bestseller listing, an indication of the recognition of Canon’s rising mirrorless lineup.
Topping the listing is Canon’s “Nifty Fifty,” the Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM. These 50mm f/1.8 lenses are arduous to beat in the case of worth for cash, so it’s no shock to see one main the pack. The RF-mount Nifty Fifty is available in third! (You’ll additionally see Nikon’s model of the Nifty Fifty lens rating second on the Nikon listing.)
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens
- Canon EF-S 24mm f/2.8 STM Lens
- Canon RF 50mm f/1.8 STM Lens
- Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Lens
- Canon RF 16mm f/2.8 STM Lens
- Canon EF-S 10-18mm f/4.5-5.6 IS STM Lens
- Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L II USM Lens
- Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6 IS II Lens
- Canon EF 50mm f/1.2L USM Lens
- Canon RF 24-70mm f/2.8L IS USM Lens
- Canon RF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS USM Lens
- Canon RF 15-35mm f/2.8L IS USM Lens
- Canon RF 28-70mm f/2L USM Lens
- Canon RF 100-500mm f/4.5-7.1L IS USM Lens
- Canon RF 50mm f/1.2L USM Lens
- Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Lens
The most well-liked Nikon lenses
Like Canon’s listing, Nikon’s listing options a mixture of full-frame (FX) DSLR lenses and cropped-sensor (DX) DSLR lenses, along with Z-mount lenses for mirrorless cameras.
On this case, Nikon’s glorious 35mm f/1.8 lens is on the high:
- Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 35mm f/1.8G Lens
- Nikon AF-S FX Nikkor 50mm f/1.8G Lens
- Nikon AF-S FX Nikkor 85mm f/1.8G Lens
- Nikon Nikkor Z 85mm f/1.8 S Lens
- Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-140mm f/3.5-5.6G ED Lens
- Nikon Nikkor Z 24-200mm f/4-6.3 Lens
- Nikon AF FX Nikkor 50mm f/1.8D Lens
- Nikon AF-S DX Nikkor 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED Lens
- Nikon Nikkor Z 14-24mm f/2.8 S Lens
- Nikon Nikkor Z 50mm f/1.8 S Lens
- Nikon AF-P DX Nikkor 70-300mm f/4.5-6.3G ED VR Lens
- Nikon AF-S FX Nikkor 200-500mm f/5.6E ED Lens
- Nikon Nikkor Z 24-70mm f/2.8 S Lens
- Nikon Nikkor Z 70-200mm f/2.8 VR S Lens
- Nikon AF-S DX Micro-Nikkor 40mm f/2.8G Lens
The most well-liked Sony lenses
Our first-ever Sony bestseller listing consists of some glorious lenses.
Heading the listing is a lens that’s removed from the Nifty-Fifty value vary, the superb 12-24mm f/2.8 (good for panorama, real-estate, and even wide-angle portrait images).
Of curiosity to us at dPS headquarters is simply what number of of Sony’s legendary G Grasp (GM) lenses made the listing. Our readers definitely have style!
- Sony FE 12-24mm f/2.8 GM Lens
- Sony E 55-210mm f/4.5-6.3 Lens
- Sony FE 85mm f/1.8 Lens
- Sony FE 50mm f/1.2 GM Lens
- Sony FE 35mm f/1.4 GM Lens
- Sony E 16-50mm f/3.5-5.6 OSS Lens
- Sony FE 24mm f/1.4 GM Lens
- Sony E 70-350mm f/4.5-6.3 G OSS Lens
- Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS II Lens
- Sony FE 20mm f/1.8 G Lens
- Sony E 18-135mm f/3.5-5.6 Lens
- Sony FE 200-600mm f/5.6-6.3 G OSS Lens
- Sony FE 24-105mm f/4 G OSS Lens
- Sony FE 12-24mm f/2.8 GM Lens
Different widespread third-party lenses
Additionally price sharing are the next lenses made by third-party producers. Many of those are designed for the our bodies of a number of digicam manufacturers, however we’ve famous the favored lenses that you just’ve been shopping for over the previous couple of months:
- Sigma 24-70mm f/2.8 DG DN Art Lens for Sony (additionally accessible for Canon and Nikon)
- Tamron 28-75mm f/2.8 Di III VXD G2 Lens for Sony
- Sigma 16mm f/1.4 DC DN Contemporary Lens for Sony
- Sigma 150-600mm f/5-6.3 Contemporary DG OS HSM Lens for Canon (additionally accessible for Nikon)
- Sigma 18-35mm f/1.8 Art DC HSM Lens for Canon (additionally accessible for Nikon and Sony)
- Sigma 18-50mm f/2.8 DC DN Contemporary Lens for Sony
- Tamron 70-180mm f/2.8 Di III VXD Lens for Sony
*These lens lists had been compiled from studies equipped to us by Amazon.com, the place we’re associates.
One of many methods we’re in a position to cowl dPS’s prices and stay a sustainable enterprise is by incomes a small fee when readers make a purchase order from Amazon or B&H Picture after clicking on our article hyperlinks (together with the hyperlinks used above).
It provides nothing to the price of the product however offers us a small kickback to assist cowl our server, design, developer, and editorial prices.
Whereas we can’t entry any private info from readers, we do get an total report from Amazon about what was purchased, which is how we created these lists.